By submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read and understood the below hiring policy.
- We hire applicants solely based upon merit. We do not discriminate on the basis of union affiliation, race, sex, age, national origin, disability or any other protected status.
- No employee is required to pay dues to any labor organization to join our company.
- We accept job applications even though no vacancies exist that we know of. Vacancies often occur unexpectedly. When an opening occurs, we reserve the right to review applications already on file prior to hiring in order of filing. Applications remain on file for 45 days and then expire. It is the applicant’s responsibility to fill out a new current application if the wish to apply again after any 45-day period.
- We do not accept group applications, mailed applications, or photocopied forms.
- All applicants must appear in person and fill our the required application in person at the company’s main offices before they can be considered for employment.
- Preference in hiring is given on the basis of a) our employees who were laid off; b) former employees whose work was good; c) applicants who have the necessary skills or who meet the experience requirements for the job; and d)applicants who are willing to accept the wages of the vacancy.
- Employees are generally hired at a started or beginner rate and must accept the rate of pay of the entry job.
- Any applicant who falsifies or omits information on the application is disqualified from being hired. If the employee has been hired before the falsification or omission is discovered, he or she is subject to termination.
- We base our hiring decisions on a variety of factors including skills and ability to perform the job, prior employment with us, employment references as to character and willingness to work, willing to accept the offered salary and person interviews.
- All applicants to be considered must fill out applications on the company provided applications forms (which meet regulatory standards for non-discrimination). RESUMES OR APPLICATIONS OTHER THAN ON COMPANY PROVIDED FORMS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED OR RETAINED. Application must be completely filled out or it will not be considered.
- The complete work history on any application must be completely filled out chronologically. Merely stating “references upon request” or “working out of an employment source” will not be acceptable unless every employer is individually listed and the date during which an applicant was employed by them is listed. The reason for leaving must be stated and must be truthful. If the job history is not completely and specifically listed, the application will not be retained.
- When qualifications are relatively equal, the date of receipt of the application will be considered.
- The company reserves the right to give a job-related test and to ask for skills inventory. After an applicant is hired, the applicant will be drug tested and given a physical exam which is consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act and government regulations, before being put to work. The company has a zero tolerance policy on drugs, alcohol and controlled substances due to safety considerations.
- No one in the company except the president and hiring coordinator has the authority to make decisions on and to make statements in respect to vacancies and hiring. This is to avoid any misunderstand or misinformation.